Friday, July 18, 2014

Michael Miller Fabric Challenge 2014: Warp & Weft

Are you a member of The Modern Quilt Guild?  I am through the Austin MQG and we get to do fun stuff like get free fabric from companies to do quilt challenges.  The winner of this little challenge will get free fabric for a year!  Heck yes I'm in for that!

I've been shopping for rugs for my house for the past couple of months and really love the kilim rugs.  I was inspired by these rugs for my challenge quilt.  The triangle points are the fabrics that we received fat eighths of and we can add any Michael Miller prints or any manufacturer's solids.  I quilted organic wavy lines that represent the warp and weft of the woven kilim rugs.  This lucky duck is now hanging on the wall in my foyer.  The colors jive really well with my other decor.  Here's hoping I'm a winner!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...